Bretton L. Crockett
Bretton L. Crockett
Registered Patent Attorney
Brett has been in practice since 1999 and has expertise in trademark and copyright prosecution and enforcement, along with patent prosecution and enforcement. Brett has prepared and prosecuted patents in all areas of art and has obtained patents for clients for Medical Devices, Agricultural and Construction Equipment, Industrial and Oilfield Wastewater Treatment Systems, Consumer Products Packaging, Gaming Products and Systems, Industrial Processing Systems, Containment and Remediation Systems and Processes, Snorkeling/Scuba Diving Equipment, Sports Accessories, Specialty Construction and Building Tools and Pharmaceutical Compositions and Methods.
In addition, he has also prepared, negotiated, and enforced licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other technology-related contractual matters for his clients. Brett has additional experience in preparing patentability, infringement and right-to-use opinions as well as performing due diligence analyses for intellectual property acquisitions.
Brett’s practice includes intellectual property counseling, prosecution and litigation. He has successfully represented his clients in protecting and defending their intellectual property rights in litigation matters, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation.
Brett has taught trademark and other intellectual property law to both lawyers and non-lawyers and authored the article Protect Your Competitive Edge, Branding and Trademarks, Design and Copyrights for ADNEWS.
Juris Doctorate, Case Western Reserve University
Bachelors of Science Behavioral Science and Health Administration, University of Utah
Bachelors of Science Biology, University of Utah
- Technology Licensing
- Internet Domain Disputes
- Intellectual Property Litigation
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Agricultural and Construction Equipment
- Business Methods
- Consumer Products Packaging
- Containment and Remediation Systems and Processes
- Gaming Products and Systems
- Industrial Processing Systems
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Compositions and Methods
- Specialty Construction and Building Tools
- Sporting Goods
- Member, Utah Bar Association
- Member, Utah Bar Association Intellectual Property Section
- Member, Utah Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Admitted to practice before the Utah Supreme Court, U.S. District Court of Utah, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Utah State Bar Examiner – 2004 – 2008